Need some health on the go? These apps are great for providing tips and info that you can use anywhere.
We live in a fast-paced world. These smartphone apps are there for you when you need them.
- iTriage. In a pinch, this app tells iPhone and Android users where to find the nearest ER. You can select from a variety of emergency types, such as cardiac or burn, and find a medical center that caters to your specific need. It's free!
- Sleep Cycle. This clever app detects when you're sleeping lightly to wake you up rather than during deep sleep. Make waking up painless! This app costs only $1 and is available for iPhones.
- My Fitness Pal. Do you count calories? This food and exercise tracker helps you measure your progress throughout the day. It's available for most smartphones and free.
- Glucose Buddy. Diabetics use this iPhone app to remind them to take medication and to log food and exercise. Most importantly, it measures blood glucose levels for free.
- Wellframe. Recommended by cardiologists, this app for iPhone and Android users gives you tips for heart health and describes symptoms that could indicate heart disease. You and your physician can share health information using this free app, as well.
- GoodRx. This free app searches for the best deals on your prescriptions. Not only does it track most of the US, it also provides coupons and reminds you when you need a refill. GoodRx is available for iPhone and Android.
- Stress Doctor. Having trouble chilling out? The iPhone camera measures your heart rate through the touch of your finger, then provides free tips and breathing techniques to help you relax.
Get high-tech with your preventative health care! Central Florida Regional Hospital offers around-the-clock care with our free Consult-A-Nurse® service at 1-800-445-3392. Call with questions, concerns, for a physician referral or to schedule an appointment.